Ladies romp home to emphatic victory
Hornettes ladies romped to a 76-5 victory at Old Reds.
HORNETTES ladies travelled to Old Reds and returned with a resounding 76-5 victory.
The Hornettes started well and Abbey Constable set up Charlotte Cooper-Cox to score under the posts, Emma Small converting. From the next scrum, the ball was passed to Georgia Liddington to find a gap and score in the corner.
The visitors’ third try again came from a scrum with the ball being passed quickly down the line for Amy Attree to run in from 40 metres. The fourth try came when Tanya Carver-Cox caused a turnover, passing the ball out to Kerrianne Williams to score.
Try five came from broken play when Cooper-Cox and Constable set up Liddington to score close to the posts, Small converting the try. Old Reds came back and reduced the deficit.
You may also want to watch:
From the restart, Hornettes’ pack drove towards the try line before passing the ball through the backs for Emily Pearce to score and Small to convert for a half-time score of 5-36.
Straight from the restart, good work by Charlie Williams set up Kate Robinson to score, Small converting. MJ Jenkins scored next after good interplay between Kerrianne Williams and Charlie Williams.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 4 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 5 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Talent show judge releases book on postnatal depression
- 8 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 9 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 10 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
There were further tries for Kerrianne Williams, Liddington, MJ Jenkins (2), with Small converting all four scores for a final score of 5-76.
Anyone wishing to play rugby with the Hornettes, please contact Emma Small on Hornettesladies@gmail.com