Ladies score 12 tries at Devizes
- Credit: Archant
Hornettes travelled to Devizes and returned with a 12-try demolition of the home side.
Devizes 15 pts
Hornettes 66 pts
HORNETTES ladies travelled to Devizes and were able to get back to winning ways with a 12-try victory.
From the first scrum, Clare Hixson took one against the head, the backs took advantage of the strike with Beth Ryall scoring. Paula Wognarowsky ran in the second try, which Emma Small converted.
You may also want to watch:
Devizes came back after this initial burst and exerted some pressure on the Hornets, but following a combined forward and back drive up the pitch Ryall took the final pass to score try number three.
This was quickly followed by try number four with MJ Jenkins breaking the Devizes defensive line. Other first-half tries came from Wognarowsky, Charlotte Cooper-Cox, MJ Jenkins and Kerrianne Williams. Amy Clarke converted one try for a 44-5 lead at the break.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
Following half-time, Devizes came back strongly using their powerful forwards and quick back to good effect enabling them to score two quick tries.
But the home side overstretched themselves and from ruck turnover, Wognarowsky ran in from 50 metres with Clarke kicking the conversion. Emily Pearce scored next and Cooper-Cox scored her second try following a powerful line break by Constable.
The final score came from a the backline combining well and Williams crossing for her second try. Final score 15-66 victory to the Hornets.
The team would like to thank Jenny Cockayne of Jenny’s Plumbing for sponsoring the team with match socks.
Anyone wishing to play for the Hornets, please contact Emma on 07429 868505 or e-mail Emma firstname.lastname@example.org