Ladies slide to defeat at Clifton
- Credit: Archant
Weston ladies lost a tough encounter at Clifton.
Clifton Ladies 3rd XI 4
Weston Ladies 1st XI 1
Weston travelled to Clifton and came away with a 4-1 defeat after a tough encounter.
The forward three of Lucy Clarke, Becky Childs and Cassie Evans put immense pressure on the Clifton defence allowing Weston to hold possession, but the visitors allowed Clifton to break through their depleted midfield and put them in the lead.
You may also want to watch:
Weston came out strongly from the restart with something to prove. Clifton’s set routines were constantly intercepted by player of the match Desni Darch, who made a fantastic solo run and found Elsa Greed at the back post to score a deflection, levelling the scores going into half-time.
Weston were optimistic they could gain a point from this game, but after a half-time talk, Clifton had other ideas.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
- 8 Grant to provide accommodation for rough sleepers in North Somerset
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
The pace of the home side caught Weston’s defence out of shape and keeper Sarah Morrison was unlucky to concede. The waves of attacks kept on coming and Clifton scored from two short corners in quick succession to put them 4-1 up.
The defence of Gordon, Howson, Westgate, Crabb, Mawford and Smith broke down play on numerous occasions, playing in Oliver and Westgate, but they were unable to get back in the game.
The Milton Larder player of the match went to Desni Darch.
Weston Ladies 1st XI play host to Nailsea on Saturday.