Ladies slip up at home
- Credit: Archant
Weston ladies fell 31 runs short of their target against Minehead.
WESTON ladies played only their second home game of the season, taking on Minehead.
Georgia Tulip and Sam Evans opened the bowling for Weston, but could not break the partnership. It took first change Emma Whitehead to take the first wicket. Emma Gibbins and Lucy Tilden were also asked to bowl and Tilden was unlucky not to get a wicket, but Gibbins got the important wicket of Hannah Sparks.
Evans and Tulip returned to the attack and Tulip (7-2-19-4) found her rhythm and took four wickets and Evans one. Both bowlers were aided by fine fielding from Sarah Tedder, Sophie Marks, Kelly Stone, Laura Foreman and Danni Stone behind the stumps as Minehead ended their innings on 191-7.
In reply, Whitehead was caught first ball and was closely followed by Tilden. Tedder started strongly and got stronger, even though she was losing partners at regular intervals.
You may also want to watch:
She kept going until she was eventually lbw for 76. Tulip batted sensibly to ensure Weston reached maximum batting points from the match to finish on 32 not out, her highest score ever. Unfortunately, Weston ran out of overs, 31 runs short of the total.
Weston ladies are looking forward to a friendly T20 July 11 against Nailsea and then the local derby league match on July 14 away to Bridgwater.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 5 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 10 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
The InTouch CRM player of the match was shared between Georgia Tulip and Sarah Tedder.
If you are interested in playing cricket, please contact Roxy Newman on 07557 375665. The ladies train on Thursday evenings and girls train on Wednesday evenings.