Ladies start with exciting draw
Weston ladies start their season with an exciting draw against Brompton Ralph.
THE first league match of the season for Weston Ladies had an uncertain start with all the overnight rain, but luckily the weather held up.
Emily Taylor opened the bowling for Weston and found her line and length after a couple of overs and bowled Brompton’s opener to finish with figures of 7-0-35-1. At the other end, Alice Wiseman, was spot on and finished with economical figures of 7-0-12-1, against Heather Burston, who top scored for Brompton with 86.
Stand-in vice-captain Emma Whitehead produced another solid stint with the ball and bowled out I Williams (32) and caught and bowled S Williams and finished with figures of 8-0-42-2.
Sarah Stone made her debut with agile fielding, whilst her daughter Dannie had a good eye for the ball as wicket keeper on her first attempt. Helen Clough wrapped up the innings and bowled excellently for 2-0-7-0 and all the bowlers were supported well in the field, especially by Georgia Tulip as Brompton ended on 157.
You may also want to watch:
Wiseman and Lucy Tilden opened the innings until Tilden was lbw for six. However, Wiseman went on to top score with 46 and ran well between the wickets with the Whitehead, who scored an excellent 41.
Sarah Tedder smashed a quick five to set up an exciting finish. With Weston needing seven off the last 12 balls, it came down to the final ball after the loss of a couple of wickets and a draw was the final result.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 7 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
Weston’s next match is on May 22 at home against Bristol Phoenix, 2pm start.