Ladies too strong for Ivel
Hornettes ladies proved too strong for visitors Ivel and romped to a 56-5 victory.
HORNETTES welcomed Ivel ladies and recorded a comfortable 56-5 victory.
From the start, Hornettes drove forward taking the attack to Ivel, but the first drive was stopped by a high tackle. From the resulting penalty, the backs moved the ball quickly for MJ Jenkins to score in the corner.
From the restart, the forwards again drove forward quickly releasing the ball out wide and Georgia Liddington created an overlap to score. This was repeated from the kick-off, this time for Amy Attree to score the third.
The fourth try came from Liddington entering the line and offloading to Charlie Williams to scored close to the posts, Emma Small converting. The forwards laid the foundation of the next try, they secured good line-out ball and MJ Jenkins took a flat pass to score from short range.
You may also want to watch:
Further tries were scored by Attree and Kerrianne Williams, one converted by Small for a 39-0 half-time score.
After the break, Hornettes continued their sustained pressure with tries for Abbey Constable (2) and Cat John, one converted by Small. Ivel scored a consolation try to take the final score to 56-5.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
Anyone wishing to play for the Hornettes, please contact Emma on 07429 868505 or e-mail Emma on firstname.lastname@example.org