Ladies too strong for Ivel
Hornettes ladies proved too strong for visitors Ivel and romped to a 56-5 victory.
HORNETTES welcomed Ivel ladies and recorded a comfortable 56-5 victory.
From the start, Hornettes drove forward taking the attack to Ivel, but the first drive was stopped by a high tackle. From the resulting penalty, the backs moved the ball quickly for MJ Jenkins to score in the corner.
From the restart, the forwards again drove forward quickly releasing the ball out wide and Georgia Liddington created an overlap to score. This was repeated from the kick-off, this time for Amy Attree to score the third.
The fourth try came from Liddington entering the line and offloading to Charlie Williams to scored close to the posts, Emma Small converting. The forwards laid the foundation of the next try, they secured good line-out ball and MJ Jenkins took a flat pass to score from short range.
You may also want to watch:
Further tries were scored by Attree and Kerrianne Williams, one converted by Small for a 39-0 half-time score.
After the break, Hornettes continued their sustained pressure with tries for Abbey Constable (2) and Cat John, one converted by Small. Ivel scored a consolation try to take the final score to 56-5.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Anyone wishing to play for the Hornettes, please contact Emma on 07429 868505 or e-mail Emma on firstname.lastname@example.org