Ladies’ winning start
Weston ladies started the new season with victory over Taunton Griffins.
WESTON ladies started their season with a win over new entrants Taunton Griffins 2nd XI.
Weston captain Roxiee Newman lost the toss and was asked to bat first and were soon in trouble, with both openers out with only eight runs on the board.
However, Sarah Tedder and Newman had other ideas and they both quickly came to terms with the low pitch, finding the boundary and running well between the wickets, putting on 52 before Newman was out for 22.
Tedder built another partnership with Dannie Stone before being bowled for 30. Stone was then bowled for 16 in the 25th over and with just 10 overs remaining. Weston managed to reach 117 before being all out with nine balls left.
You may also want to watch:
Newman and Emilia Taylor opened the bowling and each took an early wicket. Newman brought on Emma Whitehead and Alice Wiseman and the pair soon ripped through the Taunton innings. Whitehead finished with figures of 5-0-12-4 and Wiseman 4.4-0-22-3.
Player of the match went to Sarah Tedder.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 4 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 5 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 6 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 7 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 8 Police appeal for help to trace drug offender
- 9 Surgery's patient participation group disbanded
- 10 Mass rollout of Oxford vaccine begins in North Somerset