Land yachting event on the beach
Weston is hosting its annual round of the BLSA Blokart B series on the beach at Uphill on July 14/15.
WESTON is hosting its annual round of the BLSA Blokart B series on the beach at Uphill on July 14/15.
The event is being organised by Chris Moore, who is the local contact for Blokart Sailing. He runs Weston Windsport and Cam Decs, both businesses are sponsors of the event.
Chris is also the current UK and European Blokart speed record holder at 59.6mph and is also the 2010 and 2011 B Series champion.
A Blokart is a mini land yacht, originally invented in New Zealand. It is fast, fun and compact and packs into a bag that fits in most car boots.
You may also want to watch:
There will be an age range from hopefully eight years to 80 racing with a good number of local competitors taking part. Racing will be from around 11am to 4pm on both days.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 6 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 7 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 New leadership team for charity