Last over win for Banwell
Banwell and Churchill travelled to Barrington and returned home with a four wicket victory.
BANWELL and Churchill travelled to Barrington and returned home with a four wicket victory.
After inserting the hosts, good bowling by Bush, Deane, Pearson and Salter reduced Barrington to 86-7. Trevor Pitman (113 not out) led the fightback with help from Oakes (20) and S Pitman, who put on 70 for the last wicket to take the total to 179.
Mark Biggs and Dave Eckett led the Banwell reply before Eckett fell in the 29th over for 26. Biggs fell for 90 in the 37th over and Barrington were back in the game.
A vital 26 by Langley helped by good running by Borrett got Banwell back in a good position before Bebber won the game in the last over with a four over extra cover.
You may also want to watch:
John Biggs was the star for the seconds when they defeated East Huntspill by five wickets.
Biggs took 5-15 from his 12 overs as Huntspill were dismissed for 105. Banwell reached their target for the loss of five wickets and picked up maximum points.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 3 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 8 Brain tumour survivor Lyra, aged 7, aims to top charts with Christmas charity single
- 9 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3