Laura to compete at world championships
Weston’s Laura Gallagher will be among a host of top trampolinists and tumblers to take part in the prestigious World Trampoline and Tumbling Championships.
WESTON’S Laura Gallagher will be among a host of top trampolinists and tumblers to take part in the prestigious World Trampoline and Tumbling Championships being held at Birmingham’s NIA next month.
The event, which is taking place between November 17-20, will welcome around 650 world-class gymnasts from more than 40 countries to the National Indoor Arena.
This is the first time that the championships have taken place in the UK since 1967 and is a great opportunity to see Olympic athletes ahead of next year’s London games.
Laura, who trains with the High Flyers club, will be among eight athletes representing Great Britain at the championships in both the individual and synchro competitions.
You may also want to watch:
She will be joined in the women’s team by current world number one and British champion Katherine Driscoll, Bryony Page who is seventh in the world and Emma Smith (8th).
The men’s team includes British champion Luke Strong, who is currently ranked 18th in the world, James Higgins (12th), Nathan Bailey and Jack Helme are also competing.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 6 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown