Leaders slump to defeat
BILLIARDS - WITH only one available player, leaders of the Wrington Vale Billiards League Karny's Clan went down to a 3-1 defeat.
WITH only one available player, leaders of the Wrington Vale Billiards League Karny's Clan went down to a 3-1 defeat.
Justin Cole was not on top form in the opening game against George Rowe, who scored steadily to record a 19 point win. Justin's form improved in the second frame against Bob Selby, who got becalmed towards the end scoring just 40 points while Justin knocked in nearly 300.
Backwell A came away from Short Frames with a 3-1 victory with the first two frames being extremely tight. Mike Tozer just got over the line first in the opening game with a single point win over Martyn Howell. In a similarly close game, Pete Wood got Backwell back on track in the next with a 2 point win over Dan Clargo.
With only two players, Pete was asked to play again for Backwell but showed good form in defeating Graham Burton by 25 to secure the win for the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
BREAKS: Justin Cole 50, 46, 44, 40, 37, 35, 27, 26, 25, 22, 22, 22, 21, 21; Martyn Howell 21.
WRINGTON VALE BILLIARDS LEAGUE 2009-10
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 4 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 5 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 6 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 10 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
AFTER GAMES PLAYED 18/03/2010