Learn to sail on Cheddar Reservoir
- Credit: Archant
Cheddar Sailing have announced details of its beginner adult training course on Cheddar Reservoir.
IF you have been tempted to get outdoors and have watched the boats sailing on Cheddar Reservoir and wondered about taking up sailing, then this could be your opportunity.
Cheddar Sailing is pleased to announce details of its beginner adult training course, to be run on Saturdays in May and early June. This format was tried for the first time last year and worked well.
Attendees can come to one or more sessions, and attendance for five Saturdays will lead to an RYA qualification. Cheddar Reservoir is a fantastic venue with plenty of water, great views and a welcoming clubhouse.
The course is suitable for complete beginners or those with limited experience. The club has a range of boats which are used on the course and these are available for hire to members.
You may also want to watch:
Garry Packer, training principal at Bristol Corinthian Yacht Club, of which Cheddar Sailing is a part, said: “Our courses are really cost effective because the training is delivered by volunteers who are passionate about sailing and we don’t therefore have to pay expensive staff bills.
“All of the instructors are qualified to Royal Yachting Association standards. We are a friendly club and after the course you can join the club at a discount, entitling you to borrow the club sailing dinghies for a small fee.”
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 New leadership team for charity
- 6 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 7 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
The club also runs courses for members’ children and holiday sailing days open to all. Many schools and youth organisations come sailing as part of the OnBoard programme, on a one-off or regular basis.
To find out more about any of the above opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01179 425 123 for further details.