Lele is British champion and No 1 in Europe
- Credit: Archant
Lele Nairne is the new Under-17 British judo champion and is ranked number one in Europe.
SIXTEEN-year-old Lele Nairne from Kewstoke, has became the Under-17 British judo champion with a convincing display in the final.
Not only that, she is now ranked the number one judoka in Europe.
Proud father Kevin said: “The last couple of years have been a non-stop slog for Lele to achieve her present position and ranking. She has been totally focused and dedicated in her quest for the top spot.
“Things really started happening for her a couple of years ago when she was first invited to join the England ETD (elite talent development) judo squad. Shortly after that she became the Commonwealth champion and since then has represented GB multiple times, winning many top European as well as national medals.”
You may also want to watch:
Lele’s long term aims are to compete in the Olympics and world championships. She is now focusing her attention on getting to the top of the Under-21 rankings where she is presently ranked third.
On Saturday, she will be competing in the Under-21 British Championships and on Sunday, she will be competing with the seniors, where she may find herself in combat against Olympians.
- 1 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 2 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 3 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 4 Free workshops to raise awareness of seasonal affective disorder
- 5 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 6 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 7 Have your say on health services in Somerset
- 8 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 9 Ambitious West of England mass transit project motors forward
- 10 Family business raises hundreds for homeless charity
Over the next 12 months, as well as her ongoing six times a week training commitments, Lele will be competing at about 20 high-level competitions, both in the UK and Europe.
If anyone or any company would like to associate themselves with Lele’s ongoing success through sponsorship of financial support however modest, she would be interested in speaking with you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.