Lele to represent England
Lele Nairne, aged 14, of Kewstoke, is to represent England in the commonwealth judo championships next year.
FOURTEEN-year-old Lele Nairne of Kewstoke, spent last weekend in Norfolk competing for the number one position and the right to represent England in the girls’ u57kg category in the commonwealth judo championship being held next year in Cardiff.
Lele, who is presently ranked as England’s number one for her weight and category recently learned that there would be a fight-off to win the right to compete at this prestigious high level tournament.
She had a total of six fights against some of the toughest and determined domestic competition she has lined up against. Apart from her first fight, she won them all with impressive ippon throws which instantly won the contests for her.
Lele will begin high level training with the England judo squad on January 7-8, before competing in the Dutch Cup in Venray a week later and then fighting in the commonwealth championships on January 24.
You may also want to watch:
Lele desperately needs support and sponsorship to help with the ever-growing expenses associated with high level judo competition. If you or your business can offer support, however modest, please contact Lele’s dad on email@example.com
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 8 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 9 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront