Lele to represent England
Lele Nairne, aged 14, of Kewstoke, is to represent England in the commonwealth judo championships next year.
FOURTEEN-year-old Lele Nairne of Kewstoke, spent last weekend in Norfolk competing for the number one position and the right to represent England in the girls’ u57kg category in the commonwealth judo championship being held next year in Cardiff.
Lele, who is presently ranked as England’s number one for her weight and category recently learned that there would be a fight-off to win the right to compete at this prestigious high level tournament.
She had a total of six fights against some of the toughest and determined domestic competition she has lined up against. Apart from her first fight, she won them all with impressive ippon throws which instantly won the contests for her.
Lele will begin high level training with the England judo squad on January 7-8, before competing in the Dutch Cup in Venray a week later and then fighting in the commonwealth championships on January 24.
You may also want to watch:
Lele desperately needs support and sponsorship to help with the ever-growing expenses associated with high level judo competition. If you or your business can offer support, however modest, please contact Lele’s dad on email@example.com
- 1 Fears for Weston General Hospital A&E's future after top doctor resigns
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 5 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 6 Christmas lights display for Weston Hospicecare
- 7 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 8 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 9 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait