Lele wins promotion to GB judo senior squad
- Credit: Archant
Lele Nairne was invited to compete in both the Under-21s and senior championships after becoming the British Under-17 judo champion.
AFTER becoming the British Under-17 judo champion, Lele Nairne was invited to compete in both the Under-21s and senior championships.
In the Under-21s, Lele easily won her first three fights to win the pool. In last fight of the second pool, she made a mistake which lead to her to being disqualified, leaving her with a disappointing fifth place.
In the senior event, Lele was competing at least five years out of her league as this group would contain the GB squad internationals. These elite athletes train and compete full-time, while Lele is still at school.
Surprisingly, Lele decimated her first pool and advanced to the second where her opponent had recently competed at the World Championships. Lele beat this monster of a player in three minutes, leaving her at one point gasping for breath on the floor.
You may also want to watch:
This victory advanced her to the final pool where she was only beaten by a penalty to take the third place.
This week she has been invited to train with the German national squad and then won’t be competing again until the new year.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 3 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 10 Village's community shop to relocate
If anyone or any company would like to associate themselves with Lele’s on-going success through sponsorship or financial support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org