Lele wins promotion to GB judo senior squad
- Credit: Archant
Lele Nairne was invited to compete in both the Under-21s and senior championships after becoming the British Under-17 judo champion.
AFTER becoming the British Under-17 judo champion, Lele Nairne was invited to compete in both the Under-21s and senior championships.
In the Under-21s, Lele easily won her first three fights to win the pool. In last fight of the second pool, she made a mistake which lead to her to being disqualified, leaving her with a disappointing fifth place.
In the senior event, Lele was competing at least five years out of her league as this group would contain the GB squad internationals. These elite athletes train and compete full-time, while Lele is still at school.
Surprisingly, Lele decimated her first pool and advanced to the second where her opponent had recently competed at the World Championships. Lele beat this monster of a player in three minutes, leaving her at one point gasping for breath on the floor.
You may also want to watch:
This victory advanced her to the final pool where she was only beaten by a penalty to take the third place.
This week she has been invited to train with the German national squad and then won’t be competing again until the new year.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
If anyone or any company would like to associate themselves with Lele’s on-going success through sponsorship or financial support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org