Lewis crowned junior world champion
KICKBOXING - WESTON warriors of WAMA and Warrior Gym attended the world championships and the world sport kickboxing association pro fight night on the same day.
WESTON warriors of WAMA and Warrior Gym attended the world championships and the world sport kickboxing association pro fight night on the same day.
Lewis Mulhall and Gemma Baker, both 15 year olds from the club, recently returned from the ISKA European championships with a silver medal and a bronze medal between them. Lewis also won gold at the Bristol open this month.
They both attended the WUMA world championships in Cheltenham. Lewis had three great fights and won all three to be crowned junior world champion, and Gemma got two silver medals.
Mark Small and Brooklyn Chamberlain also won medals in the junior sections at the championships and all performed amazingly against tough foreign opposition. The club won six medals at the world championships.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Davies, the head trainer, and Paul Hill of Warrior Gym took five fighters to the WSKA pro fight night in Kidderminster. First up was Ashley Lewis in his first pro fight, and won by knockout in round 2 after being put over in the first round.
Next up was Sean Alsopp, also in his first fight, who knocked out his Cheltenham opponent in the first round. Gavin Rosevear, in the heavyweight division, lost out on points and Dawid Masel lost out on a close points decision.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Former Weston loanee Waite confirms Cardiff City departure
- 3 May 17: Restaurants reopen indoors and soft play areas welcome youngsters
- 4 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 5 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 6 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 7 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 8 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 9 Potter hails 'invaluable' Cheddar experience will help at Wells City
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
Weston's golden boy Adam Kellaway, unbeaten as a pro fighter, met Philip Rayeburn from Wales and won a unanimous points victory. Adam is set for a title fight on December 5 at Weston's premier fight club fight night at Hutton Moor.
The fights can be found on youtube. For information about adult or junior classes please e-mail email@example.com or call 0845 8552202. First week free training for everyone. Weston Warriors will be expanding to a new 12000sq feet fitnmess academy in January with a new gym, fitness studio, martial arts area , pro boxing and a new ABA club called Weston Warriors ABA.