Liam makes it three victories in a row
Professional boxer Liam Hunt made it three wins in a row after his latest bout in Bristol.
Weston professional boxer Liam Hunt was back in action at the Action Indoor Sports Centre in Whitchurch, Bristol.
After losing his pro debut back in 2014, Liam has come back with two good wins on the bounce and was looking to make it three in a row.
His opponent, Bryn Wain of Yeovil, came in nine pounds heavier than the Weston man on the night, but this did not faze Liam as the contest started as he proceeded to control the action behind a sharp jab which bloodied the nose of Wain.
The second round saw Hunt get into his groove and was moving well, avoiding the attacks of Wain and coming back throwing shots from different angles and looked firmly in control.
You may also want to watch:
In the third round, the Yeovil man came out firing, but Hunt kept composed. The next round saw Hunt dominate with the jab and stepped in and out of range, landing some lovely uppercuts.
At the end of the contest, the referee raised Hunt’s hand as he was declared the unanimous winner. That made it three wins in a row for Liam and he will be looking to make it four in his next fight which is May 14th on the Grand Pier in Weston.
- 1 Fears for Weston General Hospital A&E's future after top doctor resigns
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 6 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 7 Christmas lights display for Weston Hospicecare
- 8 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 9 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
The show will be the first professional boxing show Weston for many years and is being put on by promoter Stuart Davies. It will be the first time Liam has boxed in his home town of Weston and he will be looking to put on a show.
Tickets will be priced at £35 standard or VIP tables of 10 will be available from £60 a head, £75 a head or ringside VIP will be £100 a head. All VIP tables will include a three-course meal. Tickets are available at Flex Fitness Academy in Worle by popping in.
Liam would like to thank his sponsors for their ongoing support: Flex Fitness Academy and Computer Problem Solutions.