Liam returns to the ring
Weston’s only current professional boxer, Liam Hunt, makes his return to the ring on December 5.
MIDDLEWEIGHT Liam Hunt, Weston’s only current professional boxer, makes his return to the ring on December 5 at the City Academy in Bristol.
Unfortunately Liam lost his professional debut back in March on another big show in Bristol and has been plagued most of the year with illness and injuries. But now all that is behind him and he is hoping to get his career back on track with a win.
Liam said: “Once again it is an honour and a privilege to be boxing on such a massive show. I wasn’t right for my last fight and people close to me know the score.
“This time round I can honestly say I’m in the best shape of my life and win, lose or draw, I hope to put on a much better performance. It was truly humbling last time the amount of support that came up from Weston and I would like to thank each and every one of them. Any support again would be greatly appreciated.”
You may also want to watch:
It is another huge night for boxing in the south west with popular Bristolian Lee Haskins topping the bill against world-ranked Mexican Willy Vasquez. Robbie Turley boxes Jamie Speight in a British title eliminator and there are 12 undercard fights featuring some of the finest local talent.
For tickets or information please call 0743436453.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Weston businesses move online for second lockdown
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released