Liam’s successful return
Weston Boxing Club member Liam Hunt makes a successful return to the ring after 10 years.
WESTON Boxing Club got the new season underway with a trip to Birmingham City Centre, with 14-year-old Wyvern schoolboy Bradley Warwick.
He faced Conor Goodchild of host club Small Heath ABC. From the opening bell, Bradley pressed forward, trying to draw his opponent into a fight. In the end, the judges went in favour of Goodchild.
This bout was followed by senior light-heavyweight Liam Hunt travelling to Bromsgrove. The Milton boxer has just returned to boxing after nearly 10 years and took on the host club’s Chris Fenton.
Hunt got off to a great start in the first round and consolidated this in the second round. Corner men John Cleary and Keith Ambrose motivated their boxer to finish off the fight in his favour.
You may also want to watch:
Weston has Jake Giddings boxing in the ABA Novice Class B championship at the end of the month and also see the return of two of Weston’s old favourites Shane Main and Dan Devane competing at the Winter Gardens on November 25.
The club have a busy gym at the moment, but are always looking for new recruits. For further information, contact head coach John Cleary on 07786 371164.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 3 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 6 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 7 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 8 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences