Libby is new national tumbling champion
Libby Bunker of Splitz Gymn Club is the new national tumbling champion.
TWO gymnasts from Splitz Gym Club, Libby Bunker and Summer Rogers who became South West tumbling champions in February, attended the national finals at Stoke-on-Trent last weekend.
More than 100 gym clubs entered this two-day event, which included 293 tumblers.
Libby performed her first two tumbles which put her in the lead by 0.6. She then performed an excellent last run to keep the lead and receive the gold medal to become the 2011 national tumbling champion.
Summer performed all her runs in a strong competition. Coach Sharon Benham said: “Both girls are an inspiration to the club and have worked hard this year.”
You may also want to watch:
The club’s next competition is the South West Championships in six weeks.
Anyone who wishes to join the club, contact the website www.splitzgymclub.co.uk
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 New leadership team for charity
- 6 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 7 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences