Libby is new national tumbling champion
Libby Bunker of Splitz Gymn Club is the new national tumbling champion.
TWO gymnasts from Splitz Gym Club, Libby Bunker and Summer Rogers who became South West tumbling champions in February, attended the national finals at Stoke-on-Trent last weekend.
More than 100 gym clubs entered this two-day event, which included 293 tumblers.
Libby performed her first two tumbles which put her in the lead by 0.6. She then performed an excellent last run to keep the lead and receive the gold medal to become the 2011 national tumbling champion.
Summer performed all her runs in a strong competition. Coach Sharon Benham said: “Both girls are an inspiration to the club and have worked hard this year.”
You may also want to watch:
The club’s next competition is the South West Championships in six weeks.
Anyone who wishes to join the club, contact the website www.splitzgymclub.co.uk
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston