Lindrums take over top spot
BILLIARDS - LINDRUMS took over leadership of Wrington Vale Billiards League following a 4-0 win over Rejects.
LINDRUMS took over leadership of Wrington Vale Billiards League following a 4-0 win over Rejects.
Matt Northern got over the disappointment of losing the previous week and destroyed an out of touch Lee Carpenter by 52 points. Geoff Passmore had had a new tip fitted to his cue and was revitalised by it playing well in a 59-point win over Ian Green. Adrian was playing off the dizzy heights of a -80 handicap but was undeterred and in fine form finishing the match off in style against Ian to reach his lowest ever handicap, -85.
Short Frames had a great win in their match against reigning champions Karny's Clan. Mike Tozer played extremely well in the first game against a below par Mike Allen who would have struggled to beat Mike Tozer even if he had been at his best. Antony Doble played his first game for over five months but it did not show as he knocked in a superb break of 53 in a 35-point win over Dan Clargo. With both sides only having two players Dan played Mike Allen in the final game and Dan came through to win by 26.
Backwell B recorded their first win of the season over Congresbury. George Rowe played Irving Prowse in the opener and scored consistently throughout to record a good win by 54. Tony Berry was playing his first billiards match for a couple of years against Dave Larner and gave a good account of himself being only two points behind at 84-82. However, Dave then knocked in a break of 38 and closed out to also win by 54 to tie the match scores.
You may also want to watch:
Reuben Hurse started off the stronger against Bob Selby with Bob being left with nothing to go for. However with the scores at 48-40, Bob started to find some form and then matched Reuben point for point and in a tight finish gained a 150-146 win in a match played in excellent spirit.
One match was played in the handicap competition this week which saw Bob Selby play his team-mate George Rowe. George played well above form and held a 100-point lead at one stage despite Bob knocking in a 20 break at his first visit to the table. Bob's greater experience came through in the end, however, with a 300-269 win.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
Results: Short Frames 415, Karny's Clan 332; Backwell B 396, Congresbury Qs 392; Lindrums 450, Frames Rejects 269.
Breaks: Antony Doble 53, 31; Dave Larner 38, 21; Mike Allen 33, 29, 23, 21, 20; Adrian Smith 32; Geoff Passmore 25; Matt Northern 23; Reuben Hurse 21, 20; Irving Prowse 20; Bob Selby 20.