Little Kickers arrives in Weston
- Credit: Archant
Little Kickers, which is aimed at young footballers, is being set up in Weston.
FOOTBALL-mad tots are to be given a perfect platform to develop their skills and have lots of fun thanks to the arrival of Little Kickers to the area.
A brand-new wing of the successful multi-national brand is being set up in Weston and a variety of other venues throughout north and mid-Somerset, and will be on offer to fledgling footballers from as young as 18 months old right up to the age of seven.
The sessions are to be overseen by certified coaches fully geared up to putting enthusiastic boys and girls through their paces, while parents and mentors will be afforded an opportunity to actively participate and ensure there’s a familiar face to hand should their young protégés require that extra bit of encouragement.
Owner of the Little Kickers’ north and mid-Somerset initiative, Andy Parkinson, explained: “Football is as popular in Somerset as anywhere, but what we are offering here is the chance for parents and guardians to come along and get their little ones involved at a very early age in a properly organised and controlled setting.
You may also want to watch:
“All children who register will receive a full Little Kickers kit that will be theirs to keep, and wear during sessions so that they really feel part of the team.
Andy knows all about the impact junior football has on young lives, as he has coached and managed his own sons, Sam and Nic, at thriving Worle-based club Priory Pumas over several years, with the assistance of his eldest son, Ben.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 5 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 9 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
“The sessions are not about trying to unearth future superstars, but if we can set some promising and talented children on their way to something fruitful through Little Kickers, then we’ll be delighted to have played a small but worthwhile part.”
Anyone wishing to know more about Little Kickers, or wish to register their child on to sessions, can visit www.littlekickers.co.uk or call Andy Parkinson on 01934 525658. Alternatively email him at email@example.com
Andy is also keen to hear from enthusiastic, child-friendly coaches with suitable credentials eager to get involved with the new north and mid-Somerset Little Kickers enterprise.