Local kickboxers earn three area titles
Weston Warrior Kickboxing Club earn three area titles in their latest Fightnight event.
WESTON Warrior Kickboxing Club from Sweat Fitness Academy in Weston, had a great night at the recent TFC Fightnight at Hutton Moor sports centre.
The ISKA regulated the event, which featured four area titles and a European title.
First up for the Warriors was junior Lewis Mulhall (17) in a amateur ISKA 60kg full contact area title over five rounds. This was the toughest fight for Lewis so far who faced a tough opponent in Greg Reeves. The fight went the five rounds with Lewis doing enough to ensure the win.
Next up for the club was David Masel, who also had a tough area title fight against Bristol fighter Ross Chick. The fight was stopped after David landed a cracking right hand that unfortunately broke the nose of Chick, making it a TKO win for Masel. Gary Bettle returned to the ring to take on Luke Holden in the third area title of the evening. Gary had to dig deep to win the fight.
You may also want to watch:
Jon Para from Clevedon Kickboxing Club, a sister club of Weston Warriors, also produced a great win.
Chief instructor Stuart Davies said: “This was a great win for the lads from the gym, they have worked hard and having three out of three wins for all titles is great for the club.”
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 5 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 9 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
Weston Warriors train at Sweat Fitness Academy as does Weston Warrior Amateur Boxing Club. New junior classes start from five-year-olds. For information or a free trial, please call 01934 629199 or visit www.sweatfa.com