Local skiers find good form
- Credit: Archant
Avon Ski Club members George Case and Max Schubert have enjoyed good form in local races in France.
AVON Ski Club, based at Mendip Snowsport Centre in Churchill, has started the snow season well, with three members competing in races in France and Switzerland.
George Case and Max Schubert have been based in the French resort of Meribel, since before Christmas, and have been entering some local races with the Meribel Ski Club.
After a shaky start, George won his second GS race out of 92 French children and Max came 65th. This was repeated in the new year competition with George finishing seventh and eighth out of over 100 children and was second in his age group.
Max finished 26th and 42nd, being in an older age range this season. George was selected to ski for the Meribel Under-14 team in an inter three valleys club race and came third, helping the Meribel Club to win the overall trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Both George and Max travelled to the Anglo/Scottish races in Les Houches and were joined by Michael Harvey. Michael won the Under-12s dual slalom and George came 15th and sixth in the GS and SL races.
In the second half of races, George was fourth in the slalom and Michael was ninth in the Under-12s with Max 13th in the same race.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 3 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 Village's community shop to relocate
- 10 Weston BID column: Walker & Ling owner Sam Walker
Training, including the new Satellite Club for those wishing to start to race train, takes part between 6-8pm every Tuesday at the Mendip Snowsports Centre in Churchill. Just turn up or phone 07721 594676 and ask for Fraser.