Locomotive Worle 2 Medivale 13 - FOR the first 30 minutes Loco closely matched their opponents and after two quick Vale goals they were back in the game after a close-range finish from Owen.
Locomotive Worle 2
FOR the first 30 minutes Loco closely matched their opponents and after two quick 'Vale goals they were back in the game after a close-range finish from Owen.
Medivale upped their game and made their superiority count as they went 7-1 up at the break. Into the second half and although Loco had their moments, it was more of the same for 'Vale as they hit another six goals.
You may also want to watch:
Weston Spartans 4
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 5 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 6 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 7 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
WESTON Spartans were away to BFC at the Redroad ground, Berrow.
Spartans made a slow start and allowed BFC to go 3-0 up in the first half. With some good passes, BFC made the most opportunities. Their strength and height in the air meant a couple of first-half goals were inevitable.
After a strong half-time talk, Spartans came out fighting and a couple a tactical changes put BFC under pressure and Spartans kept them in their own half for most of the second period.
A good team performance from both sides made it an entertaining match to watch. Man of the match for Weston Spartans was awarded to Tom Vincent for his strong performance at the back.
Other results: St John's Sunday 5, Bottle Bar 4; St Crusades 4, White Hart 2.
Fixtures for Sunday, October 25: BFC v Locomotive Worle (Berrow) Sean Cahill; Bottle Bar v BBH (Priory School) TBA; Medivale v Woodspring Park Rangers (St John's pitch 1) Mark Hearne; Portishead Elite v St Johns Sunday (Clevedon School) Nigel Brown; Sporting Weston v White Hart (St Johns pitch 2) TBA.
For further information about the Sunday League please log onto www.leaguewebsite.co.uk/westonsupermare