Locomotive Worle 2 Medivale 13 - FOR the first 30 minutes Loco closely matched their opponents and after two quick Vale goals they were back in the game after a close-range finish from Owen.
Locomotive Worle 2
FOR the first 30 minutes Loco closely matched their opponents and after two quick 'Vale goals they were back in the game after a close-range finish from Owen.
Medivale upped their game and made their superiority count as they went 7-1 up at the break. Into the second half and although Loco had their moments, it was more of the same for 'Vale as they hit another six goals.
You may also want to watch:
Weston Spartans 4
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
WESTON Spartans were away to BFC at the Redroad ground, Berrow.
Spartans made a slow start and allowed BFC to go 3-0 up in the first half. With some good passes, BFC made the most opportunities. Their strength and height in the air meant a couple of first-half goals were inevitable.
After a strong half-time talk, Spartans came out fighting and a couple a tactical changes put BFC under pressure and Spartans kept them in their own half for most of the second period.
A good team performance from both sides made it an entertaining match to watch. Man of the match for Weston Spartans was awarded to Tom Vincent for his strong performance at the back.
Other results: St John's Sunday 5, Bottle Bar 4; St Crusades 4, White Hart 2.
Fixtures for Sunday, October 25: BFC v Locomotive Worle (Berrow) Sean Cahill; Bottle Bar v BBH (Priory School) TBA; Medivale v Woodspring Park Rangers (St John's pitch 1) Mark Hearne; Portishead Elite v St Johns Sunday (Clevedon School) Nigel Brown; Sporting Weston v White Hart (St Johns pitch 2) TBA.
For further information about the Sunday League please log onto www.leaguewebsite.co.uk/westonsupermare