Low scoring at Wedmore
- Credit: Archant
Players at Wedmore Golf Club enjoyed some low scoring, despite the windy conditions.
MARCH moved out with some windy weather at Wedmore, but the seniors and ladies both managed to complete their monthly medals with some low scoring.
This was particularly true for the seniors, where Martin Peakman, not for the first time in the last few weeks, had a brilliant round, this time recording a nett 61 to win Division 2 by five clear shots.
Tony Phelps took second place with Brian Kidd two shots back in third. Best gross score of the day was in Division 1, where David Clements carded a 79 for a nett 66. This was only good enough for second place on handicap though, as Richard Lane came in with a 64, with Mike Smith third on 67.
There was more good scoring in Division 3 with David Dams taking first place with a 65, which was two better than Roy Tomlins, with Gordon Summers a further two shots back in third place.
You may also want to watch:
The wind was even stronger for the ladies, but this did not stop Mary-Lou Denny going round in level par net 70 to take first place. Shirley Gooding was second on 72 after scoring a gross 83.
Shirley Turner was a shot further back in third place, just ahead of Linda Roberts on 74 and Ange Webber who had a nett 75.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 4 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 5 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Talent show judge releases book on postnatal depression
- 8 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 9 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 10 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
The Tuesday Swingers meet throughout the winter playing a varied series of competitions all perfectly organised by June James.
Although the competitions vary week by week, there has also been a prize for the player who has had the best results over all the individual Stablefords played.
The winner was Mary-Lou Denny the first of her two wins during the week and the third in two weeks.