Lympsham 2nd XI fall short as Knowle reach their target.
LYMPSHAM 2nd XI entertained Knowle from Bristol, and stand-in skipper Simon Cowgill lost the toss and was invited to bat.
The hosts openers made a good solid start with Andrew Hall (17) and Windows Merchants man of the match Rich Drew (64) collecting runs and looking in no trouble, but when Hall was dismissed the home side’s middle order could not carry on the good work, and wickets fell at regular intervals.
The tail did wag in the form of Mike Roberts (8) and Simon Cowgill (12), but a disappointing 150 all out was all that could be posted.
When the visitors responded, the Lympsham bowlers kept things tight and exerted pressure on the batsmen. Opening bowlers Brendon Summers (0-28) and Liam Morris (1-20) showed control and good length and first change bowlers Cowgill (1-16) and Gregory (0-9) kept up the good work.
You may also want to watch:
Second change bowlers Mike Roberts (3-21) and James Hall (2-25) got amongst the wickets, it looked like an unlikely victory was possible, but the visitors skipper Carl Green led from the front, and he saw his side home for the loss of seven wickets and with eight overs to spare.
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 Record fuel prices pose health threat for Weston parent
- 3 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 4 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 7 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 8 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 9 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 10 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look