Lympsham suffer first midweek defeat
Lympsham Airways suffered their first defeat of the season with a 26-run reversal against the Swingers in the Proper Job Midweek Cricket League.
LYMPSHAM Airways suffered their first defeat of the season with a 26-run reversal against the Swingers in the Proper Job Midweek Cricket League.
Leatherby top scored with 60 and Duckett made 39 as the Swingers totalled 168-4, which proved too many for Lympsham, despite 60 from Craig Scrivens. Sean Stringer took 2-17 for the Swingers.
In Division 2, Parpagon Carriers reached 144-8 against Mark, with Geraint Reynolds making 46 and David Morris 33. Stuart Blake claimed 3-7 for Mark.
Mark were always up against it once Shashitha Kularatna claimed a hat-trick in his second over, finishing with figures of 4-5. Edwin Morris snapped up 3-18 and despite a battling 23 from Sam Wall, Mark were dismissed for 58.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Neville top scored with 47 in Belvederes total of 184-7, while Ettchells took 4-22 for the Presidents. Pete Hooper led the Presidents reply with 37, but some miserly bowling, particularly from Kevin Crockett (4-12), limited the reply to 114-5.
Dave Mitchell top scored with 47 out of a total of 88-8 for the Coach House. The Windsor Castle managed to reach their target for the loss of six wickets, the dependable Matt Kearsey top scoring with 25.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
In the cup, NK Sports struggled to reach 107-8 against some good out-cricket from Belvedere, with Davis taking 2-11, Andy Brooks 2-12 and Kieran Ward 2-8, but then restricted the reply to 69-8 despite 31 from Ashfield.
Tables – Division 1: Lympsham Airways, played 4, 90 points; NK Sports 3, 51; Locking Castle 3, 40; Swingers 2, 36; East Huntspill 1, 21; Strollers 1, 10.
Division 2: Coach House 4, 76; Windsor Castle 3, 72; Belvedere 3, 49; Parpagon Carriers 3, 49; Presidents 4, 44; Mark 2, 29.