Lympsham top the midweek league
Lympsham Airways remain unbeaten in the Weston Midweek League after their latest win over the Strollers.
IN DIVISION 1 of the Weston Midweek League, Matt Kearsey made 75 as the Strollers totalled 129-4 against Lympsham Airways.
D Mayo added 20 not out, while T Ferns took 2-22 and Adam Micklewright 2-23.
In reply, Hayden Tuittiet made 54 and captain Craig Scrivens 46 as the Airways reached their target, with D Press taking the two wickets to fall at a personal cost of nine runs.
Against East Huntspill, the Strollers made a similar total - 128-9, as Simon Green made 60 and Matt Huxtable 30. Ian Cooke took 4-19, Ian Phillips 2-19 and O Dare 3-14 as Huntspill fought back well to restrict the final total.
You may also want to watch:
However, the batsmen failed to back up their bowlers and they were all out for 76. Brad Lucus took 3-23 and Nick Osbourne 3-18, while R Huish made an undefeated 37.
The Bar Stewards batsmen struggled against Lympsham, particularly against Adam Micklewright, who claimed four wickets while conceding just four runs off four overs.
- 1 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 2 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
They totalled 86-8, which Lympsham Airways passed for the loss of one wicket with Jack Luff making 47 not out.
Rob Pomeroy top scored with 27 as East Huntspill made 117-6 against Lympsham Airways. Jack Luff led the reply with 47 as the Airways eased home by eight wickets.
In Division 2, Steve Neate top scored with 85 and P Hooper made 67 as the Presidents reached 200-4 against the Parpagon Carrierrs, Ashleigh Joyner taking 3-27.
The Carriers made steady progress in reply, with S Williams making 39 and D Morris 48, but Steve Price took 2-27 and C Etchells 2-29, as the Presidents won by 22 runs.
In a friendly at Wrington, Parpagon Carriers scored 150-3 after their 20 overs.
After the early loss of Jim Ross and Chris Board, Bilal Raja and James Parsons compiled a partnership of 111 with Raja top scoring with 72 not out and Parsons finishing on 44.
The reply was given a brisk start and Wrington were always ahead of the required rate. Harry Ellis (49) and L Yule (37), paved the way for a five wicket win at 151-5.
N Hyden with 19 not out steered Wrington home with two over remaining.
W D Pts
Lympsham 6 0 144
Strollers 4 2 77
East Huntspill 4 1 59
Athletico 2 1 34
Bar Stewards 3 0 27
Parpagon Carriers 4 3 85
Presidents 2 1 1 67
Cleeve Ducks 4 0 1 42