Make a splash on Cheddar Reservoir
Windsurfing, dinghy sailing and paddle boarding are on offer at Cheddar Reservoir during the summer holidays.
BRISTOL Corinthian Yacht Club on Cheddar Reservoir is giving local children a chance to try three exciting water sports during the summer holidays.
Children aged from nine to 16 years can sign up for a three hour taster session, where they can try windsurfing, dinghy sailing and paddle boarding. All are welcome, including complete beginners and those who may have tried one of more of the sports before.
There are also some sessions where participants can concentrate on either windsurfing or dinghy sailing for the full three hours, these are perfect as a follow on from the multisport sessions, or school OnBoard sailing sessions, but are also open to those trying the sports for the first time.
Courses will be led by qualified instructors and all kit will be provided, including wetsuits and buoyancy aids.
You may also want to watch:
The sessions will take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays during August, from 10am-1pm and from 2-5pm. The cost is �18 per three hour session. E-mail email@example.com to request a booking form.
BCYC always welcome new members, both adult and junior. The club currently have a no joining fee offer as well as reduced fees for joining part way through the club year.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 8 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 9 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
Members do not have to own a boat, as the club has a fleet of dinghies ranging from junior training boats such as Optimists, Topper and Fevas to top of the range RS Visions.
See the website www.bcyc.org.uk and e-mail the membership secretary for details of the offer, or visit the club and speak to one of the committee members. BCYC is open every Wednesday evening and all weekend.