Make a splash on Cheddar Reservoir
Windsurfing, dinghy sailing and paddle boarding are on offer at Cheddar Reservoir during the summer holidays.
BRISTOL Corinthian Yacht Club on Cheddar Reservoir is giving local children a chance to try three exciting water sports during the summer holidays.
Children aged from nine to 16 years can sign up for a three hour taster session, where they can try windsurfing, dinghy sailing and paddle boarding. All are welcome, including complete beginners and those who may have tried one of more of the sports before.
There are also some sessions where participants can concentrate on either windsurfing or dinghy sailing for the full three hours, these are perfect as a follow on from the multisport sessions, or school OnBoard sailing sessions, but are also open to those trying the sports for the first time.
Courses will be led by qualified instructors and all kit will be provided, including wetsuits and buoyancy aids.
You may also want to watch:
The sessions will take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays during August, from 10am-1pm and from 2-5pm. The cost is �18 per three hour session. E-mail email@example.com to request a booking form.
BCYC always welcome new members, both adult and junior. The club currently have a no joining fee offer as well as reduced fees for joining part way through the club year.
- 1 Fears for Weston General Hospital A&E's future after top doctor resigns
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 6 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 7 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 8 Christmas lights display for Weston Hospicecare
- 9 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
Members do not have to own a boat, as the club has a fleet of dinghies ranging from junior training boats such as Optimists, Topper and Fevas to top of the range RS Visions.
See the website www.bcyc.org.uk and e-mail the membership secretary for details of the offer, or visit the club and speak to one of the committee members. BCYC is open every Wednesday evening and all weekend.