Marathon mania in London
Three Weston Athletic Club members ran sub three-hour times in the London Marathon.
SIXTEEN members of Weston Athletic Club competed in the London Marathon on a perfect spring day.
First runner home was Nick Briffitt finishing in a breathtaking time of 2.51.04.
Keiron Summers came in second in 2.52.14, achieving his goal of running under three hours. Third along the Mall was Guy Bradford, who also had a spectacular sub three race in a personal best of 2.55.02.
First lady member home was Liz Wiggins in a credible time of 3.47.13, having returned to racing after a year away from the sport. Second lady was Sarah Styles in 4.17.53, with Madeline Cook taking third spot in 4.27.39.
You may also want to watch:
Simon Andrews finished with a big smile on his face after achieving a personal best of 3.47.13.
A special mention goes to club members Paul, Stephanie and Steve, who ran in aid of muscular dystroph, raising a significant amount of money for the charity.
- 1 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 4 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 5 Weston Hospicecare postpones Men's March due to possible lockdown extension
- 6 Community shop seeks new manager
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Schools advised not to use mass testing as an alternative to isolation
- 9 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 10 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village