Mark capture the title
Mark Village Short Mat Bowls Club broke the stranglehold of rivals Banwell and Highbridge Hawks for possession of the trophy.
THIS year’s champions of the Woodspring Short Mat Bowls league are Mark Village SMBC, who broke the stranglehold of rivals Banwell and Highbridge Hawks for possession of the trophy.
In their fourth league season, Mark Village managed to be top of the league practically the whole season and despite a shaky finish, managed to win by a six point margin.
Club chairman, John Shepherd, said he was proud of the club and thanked all the league players for their sterling effort.
Mark Village SMBC was founded in 2008 by John and Jean Shepherd, Gill and Bryan Willoughby, John Drayton and dearly missed Val Comer.
You may also want to watch:
The club now has a healthy membership from Mark and surrounding villages.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 5 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 8 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 9 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 10 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes