Mark wins the latest open match
Angler Mark Warne landed over 100lbs of fish to win the latest open match at Shiplate Farm Fishery.
THE Main Lake was the venue for the latest open match at Shiplate Farm Fishery.
The 12 anglers competed for first place in bright and breezy conditions. Mark Warne (Maver) came first on peg 15 with 102lb 6oz, fishing the method long, using pellet and pellet down the edge on the pole.
Second was John Hawkins (Bristol PO) on peg seven with 90lb 8oz, followed by Andy France (Cadbury Angling) on (peg 1) with 39lb 4oz and Jim Doughty (Weston AA) won his section from peg 12, with 22lb 8oz. Silvers went to Ron Stark (Weston AA) on peg six with 38lb.
Bristol-based Frys match group fished the Hawthorns lake where John Macey took top prize with 100lb 5oz from peg one.
You may also want to watch:
Second was Steve Howell (peg 6), 65lb 9oz, followed by Steve Preece (peg 13), 57lb 4oz, Pete Sivell (peg 9), 52lb 7oz, Ray Cooper (peg15), 50lb 1oz. Silvers went to Gordon Jones, 7lb 1oz.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 4 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Which services will be open and closed during tier three in North Somerset?
- 7 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 8 Lockdown chef launches cook-along YouTube channel
- 9 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown