Martial arts dinner show at the Winter Gardens
- Credit: Archant
Weston Warriors’ promoter Stuart Davies held his first martial arts dinner show at the Winter Gardens.
PROMOTER Stuart Davies held his first martial arts dinner show at the Winter Gardens.
Weston Warriors kickboxing members were out in force with Nathan Harrison, Dean Lewis, Adam Kellaway, Lewis Mulhall and Wayne Bird all fighting. Weston’s Greg Charlton and Salvatore Notaro were also on the bill.
First up was Nathan Harrison in a great match-up. The fight went the three rounds with Nathan winning unanimously in a hard-fought battle. Notaro gave a great display of skill and speed in his third fight to drop his opponent in the second round to record another win for Weston.
Charlton competed in a charity bout for Weston Hospice and Cancer Research UK. He faced an experienced fighter from Elite in Birmingham and lost on points over three rounds. Greg gave a great account of himself in his first-ever fight.
You may also want to watch:
Weston Warrior Dean Lewis had a great evening with a fantastic. Lewis dropped his opponent in the second round and the bell saved the fighter and went on to win all three rounds and was awarded fighter of the night.
Weston Warrior Wayne Bird was in an area title battle and gave a cool calm and confidant display to become the TFC kickboxing area champion.
- 1 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 2 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
Lewis Mulhall fought in a Masters title and had a great battle with a seasoned fighter also from Elite Gym. This was a tough fight, but Mulhall dropped his opponent with a great body shot at the end of the third round and was a clear winner after the five round fight and was crowned TFC Masters champion.
Last up was Adam Kellaway with a challenge for the TFC British Kickboxing title against Neil Richards, a seasoned veteran from Bristol.
The fight started and Kellaway was caught cold in the first 10 seconds and unfortunately could not recover. Davies has asked for a rematch on October 25 at TFC Caged (www.totalfullcontact.com) at Hutton Moor.
There will be another dinner show in late September and TFC caged MMA and K1 on October 25. Thanks go to everyone who supported the show, especially sponsors Autoserv.
Weston Warriors train at Worle’s all-new Warrior Gym and Flex Fitness Academy. For a free session, please call Lewis on 07912 615979 or come along on a Tuesday or Thursday at 7pm.