Martial arts event labelled a success
- Credit: Archant
A mixed martial arts event held on Weston’s Grand Pier was hailed a great success.
THE Eagle Has Landed 2 mixed martial arts event which took place on Weston’s Grand Pier was a huge success, with Strikeback Gym fighters competing on the night with great results.
Ten-year-old Rory Miller kicked the show off and he had three great rounds of boxing against Ross Collins from Red Dragon Gym in Swansea, winning unanimously on a points decision.
Nicole Flourentzou stepped into the ring to take on Red Dragons’ Kelly Mainwaring in boxing, in a three-round show bout.
Lewis Condon fought a tough kickboxing match against Jeremy Kisiel from Malvern Gym in Worcestershire. Condon knocked Kisiel to the canvas in round one, however Kisiel came back to win the bout.
You may also want to watch:
Lee Wall kickboxed his way to a great draw, after three rounds of exhausting fighting against Elliot Macdonald, also from Malvern. Gareth Howells stunned the crowd with a first round knockout in a high octane boxing match against Zac Phillips from Malvern.
Conner Wall took on Ben Barlow from Pershore Gym, Evesham, in three rounds of kickboxing. Connor won by way of knockout midway through the second round.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
George Katsimpas of Strikeback Gym and Ryan Edmondson of UKCBA put on a great show bout in kickboxing for the crowd, along with Ronnie Jones of Strikeback Gym, who took on A J Spires, also of UKCBA.
The last fight of the night and show case to the bill was Steve Selway versus Paul Venis of Impact Gym, Middlesbrough, competing in the over 95kg WRSA pro/am English Kickboxing title.
This was a titanic battle of the heavyweights with both fighters showing the crowd what it takes to compete for an English title, with Venis winning on points after five rounds.
The entire show is available to watch from start to finish on www.westonsupermare.tv
Strikeback would like to thank all its members who helped put the show on, all the sponsors and fighters that took part.
Anyone interested in getting fit or getting into martial arts, including boxing or kickboxing, take a look at the club’s website for full details www.strikebackgym.co.uk