Matt earns two silver medals
- Credit: Archant
Gymnast Matt Saunders won two silver medals as part of the British junior squad.
WESTON Aerobic Gymnastics were delighted when Matt Saunders was selected to be part of the British junior squad, to compete in a head-to-head challenge with the French aerobic gymnastics junior squad.
The 13-strong team also had Weston’s head coach, Debbie Saunders travelling with the squad as team manager.
The gymnasts experience at international competitions paid off, with all the gymnasts returning home with medals and trophies. With Saunders getting silver in both individual and pairs.
But when the scores were totalled up it was a delighted British squad who were announced as winners of the challenge.
You may also want to watch:
The next gymnasts from Weston to represent Great Britain, will be Rhys Williams and Keira Landen, who travel to Bulgaria in May to compete in the age 12-14 section running alongside the world cup.
Weston’s head coach Debbie Saunders has again been chosen to travel with the squad as team manager. She said: “It’s great to see our gymnasts competing and getting medals on a world stage, a reward for the hard work and dedication from gymnasts, coaches and parents.”
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 9 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 10 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset