Matt earns two silver medals
- Credit: Archant
Gymnast Matt Saunders won two silver medals as part of the British junior squad.
WESTON Aerobic Gymnastics were delighted when Matt Saunders was selected to be part of the British junior squad, to compete in a head-to-head challenge with the French aerobic gymnastics junior squad.
The 13-strong team also had Weston’s head coach, Debbie Saunders travelling with the squad as team manager.
The gymnasts experience at international competitions paid off, with all the gymnasts returning home with medals and trophies. With Saunders getting silver in both individual and pairs.
But when the scores were totalled up it was a delighted British squad who were announced as winners of the challenge.
You may also want to watch:
The next gymnasts from Weston to represent Great Britain, will be Rhys Williams and Keira Landen, who travel to Bulgaria in May to compete in the age 12-14 section running alongside the world cup.
Weston’s head coach Debbie Saunders has again been chosen to travel with the squad as team manager. She said: “It’s great to see our gymnasts competing and getting medals on a world stage, a reward for the hard work and dedication from gymnasts, coaches and parents.”
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston