Matt scores his maiden senior 50
Winscombe 2nd XI player Matt Coe scored his maiden senior 50 in his side’s victory against Taunton Deane Crusaders.
WINSCOMBE seconds travelled to take on Taunton Deane Crusaders and elected to field first on a hot afternoon.
Fortunately, the Deane batsmen did not make hay while the sun shone and Winscombe were on top right from the start, with both Bawden and Fraser removing the openers. However, Harris scored 45 before being bowled and he was supported by Akhtar, who looked good for his 35, although he was involved in two run outs.
Winscombe toiled well in the field bowling the Crusaders out for 141. Cam Fraser was the pick of the bowlers finishing with figures of 8.5-2-26-4.
In reply, the opening pair of Hutchinson and Matt Coe jnr were watchful and put together an nice platform, before Hutchinson was bowled. After another quick wicket, Bailey joined Coe and these two took the came away from the Crusaders before Bailey was caught in the deep.
You may also want to watch:
This brought Coe senior to join his son and they finished the game together, with Matt scoring his maiden senior 50.
- 1 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 2 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 4 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 5 New scheme to monitor high-risk Covid patients at home will 'save lives'
- 6 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 7 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 8 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 9 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats