Matthew achieves 4th Dan Black Belt
Matthew Smith of the Burnham & Highbridge Karate Club recently gained his 4th Dan Black Belt.
MATTHEW Smith of the Burnham & Highbridge Karate Club, took the test for his 4th Dan Black Belt in front of a panel of 7th Dan Black Belts at the King Alfred Sports Centre in Highbridge.
The exam consisted of a theory paper which he passed with 99 per cent mark, followed by a physical grading of his skills in the martial art of Wado-ryu Karate.
The perspiration and intense training paid off as Matt passed with flying colours.
Many thanks go to Andy Constance 1st Dan Black Belt, who assisted Matt in his grading.
You may also want to watch:
Matt has been training since he was five-years-old and has had to wait until he reached his 25th birthday to be eligible to attempt the high grade. During his karate career, he has competed at national and international events in the British Isles and was offered the opportunity to compete in Japan.
The Burnham & Highbridge Karate Club train at the King Alfred Sports Centre and anyone interested in joining the longest established martial arts club in the area can contact Nick Smith 7th Dan on 07971 679455 for more details.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud