Matthias wins at Somerton
Matthias Benischke, from St Andrews School, Burnham, won his first tournament away from his home club.
PICTURED with Avenue Tennis Club coach, Craig Phillips, is Matthias Benischke, from St Andrews School, Burnham, who won his first tournament away from his home club.
He won in convincing style, winning all of his matches in two sets at Somerton Tennis Club’s mini orange tournament.
Also playing in the tournament was Matthias’s friend and training partner at the Avenue, Charlie Jackson, from Wedmore Junior School. Head coach Vinny Duddy said: “Matthias and Charlie have only recently moved up to the orange ball from red, so it is pleasing to see doing so well at other clubs.”
The club run three academy squads at red (Under-8s), orange (eight to nine-year-olds) and yellow ball (11+). If you would like details on how to get involved in the academy squads, please contact Vinny on 01278 782758.
You may also want to watch:
The next BW Controls Ltd junior competitions will be at the Avenue November 25 from 11am for reds and 1pm for orange. An adult social mixed double tournament, in memory of Jan Mackay, will also be held on the same day from 11am.
A new adult membership offer is available at the club which includes 10 coaching lessons and membership of the club until March 31, 2013 for �75. Anyone interested should contact Vinny Duddy at the club on 01278 782758.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 5 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 9 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 10 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
The tennis club’s annual Christmas lunch will be held on December 2 from 12noon, adults �10 and children �5. Please sign up on club noticeboard as places are limited.