Maximum points for Banwell
Banwell & Churchill remain top of the league after defeating Taunton St Andrews by 190 runs.
BANWELL & Churchill travelled to Taunton with their captain and opening batsman missing, as they looked to remain on top of the table.
Stand-in captain Bush, won the toss and opted to bat first. Openers Diver and Quick took on the Taunton St Andrews opening bowlers from the outset, both looking comfortable.
They reached 50 off just 10 overs before Diver was lbw for 42. Good contributions from Quick (22) and Gayle (52) took Banwell to 190-5 after 35 overs.
Bebber (47 not out) and Borrett (23) put on 50 and Brooks with a quick 12 not out took the visitors to 251-7.
You may also want to watch:
Opening bowlers Bush and Brooks were in good form, with Bush taking 5-31 off eight overs and Brooks 1-16 from his eight overs. Pearson took 2-0 from one over and Diver finished with 2-6 off 1.3 overs as Taunton were bowled out for 61.
Banwell took the maximum 35 points and lead the division by seven.
- 1 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 6 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 9 Secondary school to expand to allow 900 more pupils
- 10 School producing science champions
Banwell host to Purnells on Saturday at Churchill (1.30pm start), with promotion now a certainty. The league title is still up for grabs, but if they can win their last three matches, they will be champions.