Maximum points for Banwell & Churchill
- Credit: Archant
Banwell and Churchill gained maximum points in an away victory at Ilminster.
BANWELL and Churchill travelled to Illminster to play their third team and came away with maximum points.
Skipper Brett Diver won his first toss of the season and put the home team into bat on soft looking wicket.
The opening bowlers started off well, with the economic Dom Bush and debutant Andy Brooks making the batsmen work hard with great pace bowling.
With the change bowlers coming on, wickets fell at regular intervals with every bowler picking up at least one wicket and Ilminster were bowled out for low score of 84.
You may also want to watch:
Bowling figures: D Bush 9-4-12-2; A Brooks 9-3-23-2; Elvis Langley 7-2-10-1; J Pearson 7-2-19-2; Brett Diver 2-1-8-1; M Biggs 1.3-0-9-2.
The highlight of the first innings was when Diver called for a catch and missed the ball by a mile, much to the amusement of both teams.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 3 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 4 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 5 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 6 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 7 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 8 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 9 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 10 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
The Banwell openers started off well and raced to 30 runs in no time at all. But with two quick wickets falling, Mark Biggs decided to try and finish the game off quickly, but was run out for 37.
It was left to the experienced Brad Diver and Mike Adams to see the game home as both finished on12 not out.
Another good team performance saw Banwell gain the maximum 35 points and with five wins out of five, they keep top place in the league standings.