Maximum points for Lympsham Seconds
Lympsham 2nd XI gained maximum points in a comfortable victory over close neighbours Banwell & Churchill.
Lympsham 2nd XI travelled to mid-table rivals Banwell & Churchill and secured maximum points with a convincing win.
After winning the toss and batting first, Lympsham made slow but steady progress, frustrating their hosts’ opening bowlers until drinks.
Opener Andy Hall pushed on and Lympsham finished on a well-earned 217-3 at the break, with Hall undefeated on 102.
Banwell & Churchill started well with some early boundaries, but after their top order were caught in quick succession, the total began to look out of reach and were soon bowled out for 118.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Ferns did the early damage, finishing on 3-22 and Felix Grandfield mopped up the tail with 3-12.
Man of the match sponsored by the Indian Massala in Bleadon was Andy Hall.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston