Maximum points for Lympsham Seconds
Lympsham 2nd XI gained maximum points in a comfortable victory over close neighbours Banwell & Churchill.
Lympsham 2nd XI travelled to mid-table rivals Banwell & Churchill and secured maximum points with a convincing win.
After winning the toss and batting first, Lympsham made slow but steady progress, frustrating their hosts’ opening bowlers until drinks.
Opener Andy Hall pushed on and Lympsham finished on a well-earned 217-3 at the break, with Hall undefeated on 102.
Banwell & Churchill started well with some early boundaries, but after their top order were caught in quick succession, the total began to look out of reach and were soon bowled out for 118.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Ferns did the early damage, finishing on 3-22 and Felix Grandfield mopped up the tail with 3-12.
Man of the match sponsored by the Indian Massala in Bleadon was Andy Hall.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Former Weston loanee Waite confirms Cardiff City departure
- 3 May 17: Restaurants reopen indoors and soft play areas welcome youngsters
- 4 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 5 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 6 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 7 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 8 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 9 Potter hails 'invaluable' Cheddar experience will help at Wells City
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?