Maximum points for Uphill
- Credit: Archant
Uphill Badminton Club’s A team remain unbeaten in the league after whitewashing Clevedon Feathers B.
UPHILL A team hosted Clevedon Feathers B team in their second match of the season.
The team of Ellie Jewell, Paul Edwards, Christy Cole, Matt Cole, Becky Halfpenny and captain Mark Edwards all performed well and ran out 9-0 victors.
Both the first two mixed were won comfortably in two games to get the team off to a flying start. The closest rubber of the night came when the young pairing of Abi Kemp and Mike Armstrong proved a tough test for Becky and Mark, which the Uphill pair won in three.
In the ladies’ rubbers, Uphill’s trio proved too strong winning all three rubbers, with Ellie and Christy in destructive form. The men’s rubbers were also all won in two games with Paul starting to hit top form as the season progresses.
You may also want to watch:
This leaves Uphill at the top of the table with a maximum 22 points from their opening two games.
Uphill C travelled to take on Nailsea & Backwell, who were relegated last year from division 1.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 6 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 7 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 8 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 9 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 10 Weston shop offering personalised fudge gift boxes
Missing captain Callum Grayson and lady Lauren Rickwood, Matt Valentine and Julie O’Sullivan stood in.
The first mixed was the closest of the three with Luke Morgan and O’Sullivan taking the first game before then going down in the next two. The next two mixed were both lost in straight games.
The ladies’ doubles proved a tough affair against a strong Nailsea trio, and despite their best efforts, Julie, Bethan and Maureen all went down in two games.
Number one man Luke Morgan was the star of the show winning both his men’s rubbers, firstly with Glyn Davis and then Matt Valentine to give Uphill their two points in a tough 7-2 defeat.