Medals for father and son
Father and son Kev and Ben Attwood both won bronze medals at the Northern Ireland open judo competition.
LAST weekend Ben and Kev Attwood competed at the Northern Ireland open judo competition.
This event is one of the national point scoring competitions and saw Ben competing in the Under-60kg junior category (Under-20). Ben had a fantastic day winning the bronze medal, which saw him standing on the podium with the top three competitors in Great Britain.
This also gives Ben valuable ranking points and as this is the last event in which the top two players can compete in, due to their age, this sees Ben into the top three in Great Britain.
Kev competed in the Masters Under-73kg category. All ages were combined to make one large group. Kev also had a great day, only losing in the semi-final. Competing for the bronze medal, he eventually beat a judoka who has just recently medalled at the commonwealth games.
You may also want to watch:
Both father and son from Cheddar train at Bradley Stoke Judo Club in Gloucestershire.
Ben’s next competition is the Dutch Open at the end of May, which also sees younger brother Toby competing as well.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 3 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 4 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 5 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 6 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 7 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
- 8 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab