Medals for father and son
Father and son Kev and Ben Attwood both won bronze medals at the Northern Ireland open judo competition.
LAST weekend Ben and Kev Attwood competed at the Northern Ireland open judo competition.
This event is one of the national point scoring competitions and saw Ben competing in the Under-60kg junior category (Under-20). Ben had a fantastic day winning the bronze medal, which saw him standing on the podium with the top three competitors in Great Britain.
This also gives Ben valuable ranking points and as this is the last event in which the top two players can compete in, due to their age, this sees Ben into the top three in Great Britain.
Kev competed in the Masters Under-73kg category. All ages were combined to make one large group. Kev also had a great day, only losing in the semi-final. Competing for the bronze medal, he eventually beat a judoka who has just recently medalled at the commonwealth games.
You may also want to watch:
Both father and son from Cheddar train at Bradley Stoke Judo Club in Gloucestershire.
Ben’s next competition is the Dutch Open at the end of May, which also sees younger brother Toby competing as well.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud