Three judo enthusiasts all win medals at recent tournament.
THREE Weston judo enthusiasts entered a Bedminster contest and all won medals.
They were 13-year-old Lele Nairne, her nine-year-old brother Ethan and Renz Vallejera, who is nearly 15. As usual, the level of West Country judo was high and the battle for the medals was fierce.
The Bedminster judo Kai split grade event at Ashton Gate Leisure Centre has been gaining popularity for a number of years and this year was the biggest turnout to date. Ethan fought first and won a bronze medal in the under-30kg category.
Lele, who is no stranger to winning medals, battled her way to winning a gold in the under-57kg category. Finally Renz, was lucky enough to have the opportunity to compete in two categories. He won the under-50kg as well as the youth under-55kg and took gold medals in both.
You may also want to watch:
For Lele there will be no rest as this is a busy time of year in the judo calendar and she has to focus herself for her next big international contest at Venray in the Netherlands, where she will be fighting with the British judo squad next weekend.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 Plan to build £30million second school site approved