Memorial match held at Bleadon
- Credit: Archant
A memorial match was held on the Main Lake and Westpool at Bleadon.
A SILVERS-only memorial match in memory of local fisherman Jeff Wye was held on the Main Lake and Westpool at Bleadon.
Jeff had been a keen fisherman for decades and was a popular figure at matches and pleasure venues. The well supported match saw 26 anglers fishing the two lakes.
The winner overall was Ron Stark (Weston AA) on peg 2 of the Main Lake with a catch of 34lb 4oz, consisiting of chub, roach, skimmers and hybrids. Ron fished the pole short and to the island, using worm and caster for bait and feed.
Westpool winner was Jamie Cook (Sedges) peg 7 Westpool 20lb. Section winners were Russ Peck (Thatchers) Westpool, 13lb 4oz, Johnny Page (Shiplate), peg 14 Westpool, 10lb 2oz, Steve Fouracre (Sedges) peg 6 Main Lake, 23lb 4oz, Steve Howell (Shiplate) peg 11 Main Lake, 23lb 12oz, Mark Thorne (WSM) peg 15 Main Lake, 24lb 4oz.
You may also want to watch:
The carp prizes went to Paul Chapman, John Hawkins on the Main Lake and Eric Fouracres on the Westpool.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 4 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 5 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 8 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 9 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 10 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people