Memorial match held at Shiplate
- Credit: Archant
The Paul Chapman memorial match was held at Shiplate Farm Fishery, with 33 anglers taking part.
Thank go to all of 33 anglers who supported the Paul Chapman memorial match at Shiplate Farm Fishery.
Sadly Paul lost his short battle with cancer in April this year aged 53. He was a very popular and respected angler at Shiplate Farm Fishery and is often mentioned and greatly missed by many of the regulars at the fishery and his popularity was reflected in the memorial match attendance.
The match was held over the Hawthorns and Main Lake and despite a lot of fresh water running into the lakes overnight, the lakes still produced some good bags.
The overall winner was Tich Williams on peg 15, Main Lake, who fished the pellet feeder with pellet for bait and the pole at 8ms on paste, to bag up 159lb 1oz. Second was Steve Howell (peg 7) Hawthorns, with 84lb 6oz, followed by Dave Romain (peg 2) Hawthorns, 66lb 2oz.
You may also want to watch:
Main Lake silvers went to Dave White (peg 4), 26lb 12oz, while the Hawthorns silvers was won by Julian Pinkett (peg 4), 11lb 10oz.
The next open match is the Thursday Costcutter today, please phone to book in 07895 852162.
- 1 New leadership team for charity
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 5 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait