Men draw again
Uphill Badminton Club’s men’s B team were again held to a draw.
THE only Uphill Badminton Club team in league action this week was the men’s B team.
This team has become known as the draw specialists and once again they did not disappoint.
The Uphill team of Matt Potts, Nigel Judge, captain Bill Ponting and Tony Wisher-Day were at home to Avon Vale.
The contest had two evenly-matched teams, with rubbers being won alternately throughout the evening. The tie was in the balance when the final rubber started between Nigel and Bill and Plotr Zielinski and Tom Britten.
You may also want to watch:
Nigel and Bill needed to win the rubber to win the match, but after three hard-fought games, they lost 22-20, 15-21, 18-21. The result after a good evening’s badminton was a draw at three rubbers each.
It was a good match for Wisher-Day. He won his first competitive rubber alongside Potts, who was the outstanding player, winning all his rubbers.
- 1 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 2 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 3 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 4 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 7 Mother launches fundraising challenge as she battles cancer
- 8 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 9 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 10 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million