Mendip girls held to a draw
- Credit: Archant
Team Mendip Under-16s were held to a draw by Cheltenham Spa.
WITH not many matches being played due to waterlogged pitches, Team Mendip Under-16s opted to try out @Worle’s 3G pitch for their home match against Cheltenham Spa.
Mendip started off well only allowing Cheltenham to shoot from distance with no luck, but on the half-hour mark, one shot was spilt by Mendip’s goalkeeper and Cheltenham were quickest to react and score the only goal of the first-half.
After the break, Mendip made a few tactical changes and it wasn’t long before a great cross from the right was buried by Emily Wightman. Soon after, Cheltenham came back and scored after a defensive mix-up.
Mendip battled back and with two minutes to go, Lacey Bell crossed from the right, which Charlotte Cooper controlled and fired in for the equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
Parents’ player of the match went to Chloe Vernon for outstanding play in the centre of midfield.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Former Weston loanee Waite confirms Cardiff City departure
- 3 May 17: Restaurants reopen indoors and soft play areas welcome youngsters
- 4 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 5 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 6 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 7 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 8 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 9 Potter hails 'invaluable' Cheddar experience will help at Wells City
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?