Mendip girls held to a draw
- Credit: Archant
Team Mendip Under-16s were held to a draw by Cheltenham Spa.
WITH not many matches being played due to waterlogged pitches, Team Mendip Under-16s opted to try out @Worle’s 3G pitch for their home match against Cheltenham Spa.
Mendip started off well only allowing Cheltenham to shoot from distance with no luck, but on the half-hour mark, one shot was spilt by Mendip’s goalkeeper and Cheltenham were quickest to react and score the only goal of the first-half.
After the break, Mendip made a few tactical changes and it wasn’t long before a great cross from the right was buried by Emily Wightman. Soon after, Cheltenham came back and scored after a defensive mix-up.
Mendip battled back and with two minutes to go, Lacey Bell crossed from the right, which Charlotte Cooper controlled and fired in for the equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
Parents’ player of the match went to Chloe Vernon for outstanding play in the centre of midfield.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston