Mendip White Sox record their first victory of the season
- Credit: Archant
Mendip White Sox Under-12s recorded their first victory of the season against Galmington Dragons.
IT HAS been long overdue, but Mendip White Sox Under-12s got their first win of the season, against Galmington Dragons.
It was the usual gutsy display in the first-half, despite having four players out. Caitlin Tolton was solid in goal and distributed well, while Ryla Cooper and Aga Maciejczyk formed a strong partnership at the back.
The midfield three of Emily Bell, Caitlin Thomas and Emma Moncrieff fought hard and gave Galmington no time on the ball. Despite all their hard work, Galmington went into the second half one up when a shot went in off the post.
A determined White Sox took to the field in the second half and scored almost from the kick-off thanks to a fine finish from Bell. White Sox found themselves on top, thanks to Daisy Walker, whose constant pressing and mazy runs proved too much for Galmington’s defence.
You may also want to watch:
Mendip found themselves in unfamiliar territory, having to defend a lead after a fine goal from Cooper. Everyone picked up the City Plumbing player of the match award for a second week running.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 5 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 6 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 7 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 10 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s